Last Modified: [January 2018]
Effective Date: [January 2018]
3. Children Under Age 13. We are committed to protecting the privacy of children under the age of thirteen (13) years (each a “Child” and collectively, “Children”). Access to and use of the MoveUP Services by Children is prohibited. The MoveUP Services are not designed for or marketed to Children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information (as defined below) from Children. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a Child, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a Child, please contact us.
4.1. “App Diagnostic Information” means information collected through your use of the MoveUP Apps, including device state information, unique device identifiers, device hardware and operating system information, information relating to how the MoveUP Apps function, and the Location Information of a device at the time one of the MoveUP Apps malfunctions or crashes.
4.2. “App Installation Information” means information provided to us by Apple or Google when you purchase or download MoveUP Apps, such as operating system version, device manufacturer and model, device name, country, language, wireless carrier name, and app version.
4.3. “Location Information” means global positioning system (GPS) coordinates, Global Navigation Satellite System (GLONASS), iBeacon, or other geolocation information that can be used to identify the precise location of a person or device, but excluding Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
4.4. “Non-Personal Information” means information or content other than Personal Information, including, for example, aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified information about our users and other information that does not identify any individual.
4.5. “Personal Information” (or “Personal Data”) means personally-identifiable information (information relating to an individual that can be used to identify, locate, or contact that individual, alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information), such as: name, home or physical address, e-mail address, phone number, or personal characteristics (such as descriptions of physical appearance and photos of individuals), Location Information, and any Sensitive Information (as defined below), or any other information about an individual that we collect through the MoveUP Services and maintain in personally identifiable form in combination with other personally-identifiable information.
4.6. “Sensitive Information” means Social Security numbers, passport numbers, driver’s license numbers, bank account numbers, credit or debit card numbers, insurance policy numbers, login or authentication credentials (such as passwords and API keys) (“Login Credentials”), or other similar information.
5. Types of Information Collected.
5.2. Location Information. When you use the MoveUP System, we collect your Location Information in order to provide the MoveUP Services to you. If you disable GPS or other location services on your devices, you may be unable to use the MoveUP Services. If you submit a Ride Request, we will transmit your Location Information to the Driver to whom you have submitted the Ride Request, and we will continue transmitting your Location Information to that Driver until either (a) the Ride Request is declined, or (b) if the Ride Request is accepted, until the Scheduled Ride is cancelled or Marked Complete (as defined in the Agreements). If you are a Driver, we will make your Location Information available to users of the MoveUP System while you are signed in to your Driver Account and when you have not enabled “Offline” mode.
5.3. App Installation Information. When you purchase or download MoveUP Apps, Apple or Google may provide us information related to the device (or devices) used to purchase or download the MoveUP Apps, such as operating system version, device manufacturer and model, device name, country, language, wireless carrier name, and app version.
6. Use of Non-Personal Information. We may use Non-Personal Information (including, for example, aggregated information about our users or information that does not identify any individual) for any purposes whatsoever (including without limitation, advertising, marketing, enhancing, designing, or developing products and/or services, and research), and we may share Non-Personal Information with others, including our partners, affiliates, and our service providers.
7.1. Cookies and Local Storage. Cookies are small text files placed onto your device when you visit and interact with the MoveUP Website. Local storage is a technology that allows a website or application to store information locally on your device. These technologies enable us to provide and enhance your experience using the MoveUP Services.
7.2.1. Essential Processes and Security: To enable essential functions of the MoveUP Services, such as to facilitate logging you in to the MoveUP Services, facilitating payments, protecting your security, and helping us fight spam, abuse, and violations of the Agreements.
7.2.2. Preferences: To remember information about your browser and your preferences.
7.2.3. Performance, Analytics, and Research: To help us understand and measure how you use the MoveUP Services and to improve the MoveUP Services.
8. Use of Personal Information.
8.1. How We Use Your Information. We will only store and use your Personal Information as is reasonably necessary or appropriate in connection with your use of the MoveUP Services, including:
8.1.1. to contact you in connection with your use of the MoveUP Services, including to respond to your inquiries;
8.1.2. for authentication and identification purposes;
8.1.3. to enable us to provide the MoveUP Services;
8.1.4. to process the initiation and acceptance of Ride Requests and to facilitation communications between users and Drivers;
8.1.5. to process payments by users and payments to Drivers;
8.1.6. to process your MoveUP Fund Donations, if any;
8.1.7. to provide you with notices about your MoveUP Account;
8.1.8. to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide such information to us;
8.1.9. in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
8.1.10. to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights;
8.1.11. to ensure your compliance with the Agreements and/or to investigate any potential breach of the Agreements;
8.1.12. to protect individuals, including children, our users, and Drivers; and
8.1.13. to protect our networks, data, software, or business interests.
8.2.1. to any person, entity, or organization which you consent for us to disclose your Personal Information to;
8.2.2. in the case of a user who submits a Ride Request, to the associated Driver;
8.2.3. in the case of a Driver who accepts a Ride Request, to the user who submitted the Ride Request;
8.2.4. to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred;
8.2.5. in the case of a minor, to such minor’s parents or legal guardians (and to the individuals identified by the minor as his or her parents or legal guardians);
8.2.6. to any person, entity, or organization in order to facilitate the provision of the MoveUP Services, the processing of Ride Requests, or the processing of payments, such as providing your name, contact information, transaction details, and Payment Information (as defined in the Agreements) to our third party payment processors (our “Payment Processors”) when you make a payment or we make or facilitate a payment to you;
8.2.7. to any of the UP Parties (as defined in the Agreements), our business partners, service providers, vendors, and agents who provide hosting services, technical support services, order processing services, Payment Processors, and as is necessary or appropriate in connection with the processing and fulfillment of Ride Requests, payments, or the operation, maintenance, and support of the MoveUP Services;
8.2.8. in the case of a Driver (or an individual who has applied to be a Driver), to the third party providers we use to perform and review background checks, as described in our Driver Eligibility Policy (located at [www.moveuplynchburg.org/move-up-driver-eligibility-policy.html]);
8.2.9. to comply with any legal requirements, subpoenas, discovery requests, or court orders, to defend any legal or administrative proceedings, or as we believe in good faith is necessary to comply with any laws or legal requirements;
8.2.10. to any person as we believe is necessary or appropriate in an emergency situation, including without limitation, to prevent criminal activity, personal injury, or property damage;
8.2.11. to law enforcement, financial institutions, or other appropriate authorities in connection with any investigation of suspected criminal or fraudulent activity by any person or entity; and
8.2.12. if we believe it is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the UP Parties (as defined in the Agreements), children, our users, Drivers, customers, or other third parties (including, without limitation, to facilitate the enforcement of our rights under the Agreements).
9. Opt-In Sharing Features. We will not knowingly disclose your Personal Information to a third party if we know or have reason to believe that the third party will use your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, unless you opt-in or otherwise expressly consent for such sharing.
11. Security. We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure, including the use of TLS to encrypt information you send through the MoveUP Website. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for safeguarding your Login Credentials associated with your MoveUP Account and notifying us immediately if you suspect your Login Credentials for your MoveUP Account have been compromised. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the MoveUP Services. The information you share in public areas may be accessed by any of our users. You are strongly cautioned to never share Sensitive Information with other users through the MoveUP Services. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Despite our measures to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or through the MoveUP Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures of the MoveUP Services or of our service providers, agents, or other third parties.
13. Access to and Change of Personal Information. You may contact us at any time to: (a) request the removal of the Personal Information you provided to us from our databases; and (b) update your Personal Information. However, certain information associated with your use of the MoveUP Services, such as Governmental Authorizations and information about payments made in connection with the MoveUP Services, may be retained permanently for legal, tax, and business reasons. In addition, because certain Personal Information may be necessary to provide the MoveUP Services to you, you understand that the removal of that Personal Information may require us to delete your MoveUP Account. When your Personal Information or your User Content (as defined in the Agreements) is updated or deleted, copies of such information may remain in our backups.
Your tax-deductible donations will help fund transportation solutions in Lynchburg. All of the funds will be applied to transportation resources through MoveUp.